Tuesday 3 November 2015

Starting Danish Nursery


“And she loved a little boy very, very much, even more than she loved herself” Shel Silverstein.

 This week emotions and excitement consumed me, it was another new change for me to be able to see Remario getting settled in a Danish nursery. New to a country and absolutely everything was something I pondered hard on in getting him settled into a daycare. At the end of the day they are kids and to develop their social skills I think it is very important they are around other children.  I am buzzing to see how it works out when he comes home saying something to me in Danish. Exciting times ahead.

Rain suit whether rain or shine they take them outside for a mini adventure.
Snow Suit!!!
It was jaw dropping to see some of the kids sleeping outside in cot buggies. I was told by the nursery assistant that as long as the temperature is above -10 degrees it is absolutely fine for them. They say it develops their lungs and the fresh feeling allows them to be accustomed to the cold temperatures. Upon a quick research this seems to be quite popular in the Scandinavian countries for people to take their babies outside for naps. Many parents believe it keeps the kids healthier from diseases especially in the winter times. Parents also believe that their kids sleep longer and better in the open. It is also common here in Copenhagen for parents to sit inside a coffee shop and leave prams on the sidewalk while babies are asleep. It has a low crime rate and totally safe. 

Baby cot outside where a little one was fast asleep all snuggled in.

Cheeky face boy!!

Ready to go!!!

The terrible two's stage has been official by a recent birthday. I cannot believe two years has gone by so quickly it was just like yesterday. To see his features and behaviour changes and coming into his owe is just a feeling of awesomeness. It is through this process I am seeking extra patience and tolerance. Sometimes its unbelievable that I am a mom but its a job I am blessed to have and would not trade for anything in the world. I have finally found the "cornmeal", so we have been indulging in some of that porridge for breakfast and loving it. 
Until next time be safe and God bless xx.

No comments:

Post a Comment