Tuesday 24 November 2015

Snow days


The snow reminded me of the beauty and mystery of creation, of the essential joy that is life.                                                                         Orhan Pamuk

Be like the snow...beautiful.
It was just a few days ago I was listening to Michael BublĂ© christmas album and dancing with Remario in my living room trying to get in the christmas vibes. Let is snow, let it snow came on and I wondered when will it snow. Well it was  not too long and I watched it fall so peacefully and gradually building up into a huge layer. Welcome to my north pole kind of life (haha). The kids were out enjoying it making snow balls,on their slides and goofing around. I can only watch from a distance as we both have been sick all week so trying to be on the mend and not get a fresh cold on top of what we already have. I watched through the window as they cleared the walkway to allow easier access.
Rudy came back from international suffering from jet lag more than ever. Several time we would be having a conversation and upon waiting for a response I look around and he would be sleeping. He had a game on Sunday away and I thought with that much snow the game would be postponed. As he set out we waved him off through the windows. He cleared his windscreen of the snow and a man with a shovel assisted him in pushing the build up from behind the car. I tell you about the kind gestures of Danish people. To be playing a game in those conditions must be hard on the body but its their job and it must go on. I watched the game on the TV and a fair result ended in a draw(1-1).








Now that the first snowfall of the season came I hope it found you in good spirits. Whether it found us prepared or not just try stay warm and be careful especially cyclist on the icy roads. Sun, rain,wind or snow I know we have to get on with our lives but please do so in a careful manner. It is also at this time of year  we are prone to colds,flu,bugs going around so keep hydrated and warm. I find myself not drinking water a lot in these cold times so been trying to add lemons,strawberries and any fruits to add a bit of flavour-detox water. I have been to the doctor a few days ago and believe me everyone in the waiting room was coughing or looking quite poorly. As the christmas parties and events get into full swing please don't drink and drive, have a designated driver or take a taxi you. Far too long we read about tragic accidents so better be safe than sorry.
Until next time stay warm and strong and be blessed xx

No comments:

Post a Comment