Friday 18 December 2015

Old folkes bonding

       Grandparents are a delightful blend of laughter, caring deeds, wonderful stories and love.
 It is such a blessing to be spending some quality time with my grandparents. I have missed them so much. Family is most important especially this time of the year, spending time with love ones and friends is what we all should aim for. Christmas has now become too commercial and people have forgotten the true meaning of it all. I love hearing stories from them especially from my grandfather. It is always good to have a laugh, good Jamaican food- absolutely love my nana cooking and some riveting conversations. They are always encouraging and surely lift your spirits if you are feeling a bit low. I laugh so hard until I have a headache at times with some of the things I hear them with.
Compared to when my grandfather left Jamaica in 1944 to now a lot has changed obviously. I am always curious to know what it was like back then and see how much things and time really have grown apart. I always love keeping them in the loop with the different happenings back home, they are shocked at some of the things I tell them about. On this visit I was pleasantly shocked to see how much they have gotten with the times from having WiFi service, the latest gadgets and all showing me funny videos etc; they are the ones now updating me than the other way around. Talk about living life and doing what makes you happy and comfortable. They live all by themselves so I think they love having us around. Remario is now reunited with his old pal, they love having him around and I am so thankful for some extra sleep in the mornings. I am trying to make the most of it since having support like this is something I do not have the luxury with all the time. They went to the barbers together and I was very surprised to hear that he was settled and not his usual self crying down the place giving the barbers a hard time. He was well behaved, although he got a lollipop (bribe) from them he came back with a smart hair style. I am learning more each day from them how to make the most of life and live it in an authentic way.



Live,laugh,love and stay blessed xx

No comments:

Post a Comment