Tuesday 10 November 2015

Norway Family

This weekend we had visitors from Bergen,Norway. It has been two long years since we saw each other. It was so refreshing to have good conversations about life and take a trip down memory lane about our time in Bergen, good food and wine(mostly Marie). Marie and her kids are like family and my doors will be always open to them wherever in the world I am. It was the first time the kids met Remario in person and they clicked instantly. It was good to see him bond with them and have a bit of company sleeping over. I am thankful for lifetime friends and will treasure each memory in my heart. My treats and gifts(Sørlands chips and cheese sausages) from Bergen are so tasty and crunchy and I appreciate them wholeheartedly. Good to see my friend remember some foods I enjoyed from my time there.


Sunday was a lovely day for a little nature walk. The sky was blue and the sun was shining even though the wind kicked up quite a bit. It has been a while since I saw the sky so blue, it has been rather gloomy and dark with rain leading up to. It was important for Rudy to do a little walk before the game since it was 6pm so he went for a stroll and the gang joined in. They ventured through the paths of the Copenhagen Golf Center. They came back refreshed and pumped up just in time for dinner and and a bit of relaxation before heading off to the game. 


Strøget Copenhagen is 1.1 kilometer long with both high street and designer shops. It is also one of Europe longest pedestrian street. It was interesting to see the various street performances and activities on the stretch and also the thousands who go about their business. Strøget is famous for shopping but also hosts restaurants,cafe and pubs.
At Langelinje Pier you can also find the famous little mermaid statue(Den lille havfrue skulptur)The sculpture is made of bronze and granite was was inspired by Hans Christian Andersen's fairy tale about a mermaid who gives up everything to be united with a young,handsome prince on land. I even witnessed someone had a sign 'will you marry me' here which was so sweet but did not want to impose and take a pic. I hope she said yes. 
It was good to be tourist for a day around enjoy the different attractions. I hope it will not be too long until we are united again. My friends have gone and its back to being dark and gloomy but at least they brought a little bit of sunshine to our lives.
Until next time eat, pray and love:)

No comments:

Post a Comment